Sep 25, 2020 8:28 AM ET
iCrowd Newswire – Sep 25, 2020
Transportation as a service (TaaS) Market – 2019-2025
Transportation as a service (TaaS) describes a shift away from personally owned modes of transportation and towards mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. This is enabled by combining transportation services from public and private transportation providers through a unified gateway that creates and manages the trip, which users can pay for with a single account.
The Transportation as a service (TaaS) market is expected to reach USD 262.1billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 18.68% over the forecast period. The growing population of the world has led to rapid urbanization, resulting in many problems, such as congestion and safety issues on roads. The need to formulate a sustainable solution to counter these problems is gaining traction across the world. The emergence of cloud-based technologies and advances in vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-grid infrastructure (V2I) are making smart transportation a reality.
- As the global population continues to grow, an increasing number of cities are experiencing the challenges of accommodating residents as well as visitors. Issues, like congested roadways and increased emissions, impact the health and well-being of city dwellers.
- Government regulations and initiatives are the most important drivers for the growth and development of the intelligent transportation system market. With growing road safety concerns and increasing auto thefts, governments across the world, especially in the United States, Europe, Russia, China, and Brazil, are mandating the installation of factory-fitted telematics and safety devices in vehicles.
- Smart transportation IoT solutions, augmented with smart city solutions, enable government organizations and their partners to create safer, efficient transport infrastructure in cities by improving community resources and transportation for everyone. IoT solutions, for smart transportation, offer real-time visibility and accurate data, allowing the concerned city transport authorities and organizations to improve efficiency, while creating smarter, greener cities for its dwellers.
Free Sample Report »
The report offers a brief overview of the Transportation as a service (TaaS) for the forecast period. It studies the market in details and highlights the opportunities and threats for keeping the market participants ahead of the curve. An exhaustive segmental analysis of the market is also included in the assessment for presenting reliable and accurate information. The study consists of a detailed analysis of every macro and microeconomic factor that is expected to impact the future trajectory of the Transportation as a service (TaaS).
Rise in Urbanization, Increasing Mega Cities, and Population
- More than half the world’s urban population resides in Asia, where some countries, like India and China, already have about a billion people living in cities alone. The other regions with relatively high urban populations are North America, Europe, and Africa.
- Increasing urbanization is an indication of the rising complexities in the cities across the world, with transportation requirements being one of those issues. Resolving these complexities is one of the major challenges faced by the transportation markets across these regions.
- Technological innovations have brought about a major change in the way everything operates. The Internet of Things has made developing connected networks feasible in almost all major functioning sectors, today. The integration of this transportation system has resolved most of the transportation-related complexities. The rising growth rate of megacities worldwide and multiple innovations taking place in the field of technology are expected to open up a number of opportunities.
Europe Holds the Largest Share due to Government Support
- Approximately 233 million connected cars are expected to be on roads by 2020, globally. Europe is expected to hold the majority share in the production of connected cars, during the forecast period. The connected car market is expected to increase four-fold in 2020, compared to the current market state. Connected technologies in the automotive sector may boost the smart solutions market in the transportation sector.
- Moreover, urban transportation is becoming essential for a better quality of life for citizens in any city. Currently, in most European cities, private and public road transportation are essential for everyday commuting. However, the lack of safety and the quality of public transportation, as well as poor traffic management in overcrowded road networks, rise of theft, increasing parking issues, etc., are boosting the market for smart highways, which, in turn, is boosting the market growth in the region.
Market Segment by Manufacturers, this report covers
ZipCar (Avis Budget Group)
The report studies the value, volume trends, and history that holds a substantial influence over the Transportation as a service (TaaS). The various potential growth factors, opportunities and challenges, risks, and entry barriers, restraints, are also analyzed to gain a deeper understanding of the market.
Transportation as a service (TaaS) market is moderately competitive and comprises few market players, who enjoy a significant market share. In terms of market share, a few major players dominate the market, currently. These major players, with prominent shares in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries, with the local governments focusing on strengthening the transport infrastructure.
The drive to improve efficiency has been critical for demand and has impacted the competition. Market vendors are expected to use partnerships and collaborations as the primary strategy to make the solutions suitable for use on different platforms. The addition of analytical and AI capabilities is expected to help in managing the huge volume of data flow and create a sustainable solution, which may be easily replicated, and is modular. Innovative solutions are expected to emerge, as improving communication technology acts as an enabler in the market.
- April 2019 – Cisco and Dimension Data announced a new co-innovation agreement, to develop a deeper collaboration environment and framework to jointly solve clients’ business needs.
- March 2019 – Siemens upgraded its smart transportation product portfolio. The new eHighway system, according to the company, is twice as efficient as conventional internal combustion engines. This Siemens Mobility innovation supplies trucks with power from an overhead contact line.
Get Complete Report »
Table Of Content
The analysis of the market is done according to the parameters mentioned in Porter’s Five Force Model. These reliable market reports have led to integrating top-down and bottom-up approaches into the research model. This allows the analysists to provide the clients with estimations of various crucial market figures which are then used for a SWOT analysis of the Transportation as a service (TaaS) along with relevant insights into the global market
1 Market Overview
2 Manufacturers Profiles
3 Global Transportation as a service (TaaS) Sales, Revenue, Market Share and Competition by Manufacturer (2017-2018)
4 Global Transportation as a service (TaaS) Analysis by Regions
5 North America Transportation as a service (TaaS) by Country
6 Europe Transportation as a service (TaaS) by Country
7 Asia-Pacific Transportation as a service (TaaS) by Country
8 South America Transportation as a service (TaaS) by Country
9 Middle East and Africa Transportation as a service (TaaS) by Countries
10 Global Transportation as a service (TaaS) Segment by Type
11 Global Transportation as a service (TaaS) Segment by Application
12 Transportation as a service (TaaS) Forecast (2019-2025)
13 Sales Channel, Distributors, Traders and Dealers
14 Research Findings and Conclusion
DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE REPORT @
“Wise Guy Reports Is Part Of The Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. And Offers Premium Progressive Statistical Surveying, Market Research Reports, Analysis & Forecast Data For Industries And Governments Around The Globe. Wise Guy Reports Features An Exhaustive List Of Market Research Reports From Hundreds Of Publishers Worldwide. We Boast A Database Spanning Virtually Every Market Category And An Even More Comprehensive Collection Of Market Research Reports Under These Categories And Sub-Categories”.
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Keywords: Transportation as a service (TaaS), Transportation as a service (TaaS) Dec 2019, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Industry Analysis, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Industry Trends, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Manufacturers, Transportation as a service (TaaS), Transportation as a service (TaaS) Analysis, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Free Sample Report Forecast, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Growth, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Segmentation, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Size, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Prospectus, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Research Report, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Status, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Structure, Transportation as a service (TaaS) Survey, News Release, Presses Release