Shoulder and neck pain is a disease that can appear at any age, but will be more common in adulthood, especially the elderly. This is also a disease related to the cervical spine, causing many of the most common discomfort.
Disease shoulder pain neck is not disease dangerous to life, but will prolong pain and fatigue caused shoulder areas affecting the lives and work. Without treatment for a long time, it can lead to debilitating illness, hypertension, depression, … The following article will help you point out what is the cause of this disease and how to develop appear the earliest disease to promptly treat. Buy a massage chair at: Ghe Massage.
1. What is the neck pain disease?
Shoulder nape pain is a condition in which the muscles in the shoulder of the neck are stiff, causing pain, causing limited movement when turning the neck and head. Shoulder nape usually comes on suddenly and usually occurs in the morning after waking up. This disease is closely related to the musculoskeletal system and the blood vessels in the shoulder and neck region. There are many different causes of the disease, but the first manifestation that the patient can recognize is the muscle pain in the neck, shoulder and possibly the upper back.
When the new disease appears, the patient only feels mild pain, aches in the shoulder and nape area and limited movement in the nape of the neck, head area and cannot turn comfortably. The patient can only tilt left or right and cannot turn back. This condition will come on suddenly or appear after you do hard labor, fatigue, stress or catch a cold.
2. The causes of shoulder and neck pain
Shoulder and neck pain occurs due to many different causes, experts often divide into two groups: mechanical causes and causes due to bone and joint diseases.
2.1. Mechanical causes
- Excessive exercise: Sports will help improve your health, but too much exercise will cause a reaction. Especially when you practice incorrectly, the risk of neck pain will be very high.
- Work: When you work in the office and you sit in one place for too long, the muscles in the neck and shoulder area are pinched, blood is not circulated and cause pain in the neck and neck. Sitting at work for a long time with wrong posture can also be the cause of this pain.
- Sleep in the wrong position: When you use a pillow too high, lie for too long in one position, fall asleep on the table, … causing blood vessels in the neck area to squeeze and poor circulation, causing pain in the shoulder area of the nape.
- Injuries: When you have a sports injury or accident, it can affect the spine, tendons, ligaments, … This makes the body aching or even inflamed the back of the neck is inevitable. .
- Colds: When the body catches a cold, it also stops the blood pressure to not circulate well, causing nerve damage and increasing pain.
Lack of nutrition: When the body is deficient in many nutrients due to improper eating, the peripheral nerves will weaken. Long time will cause pain in the back of the neck.
2.2. Caused by diseases of the bones and joints
- Cervical spondylolisthesis : Bone spines appear due to degeneration of the cervical spine, causing the cervical nerve to be pinched. When you turn 40, your risk of disease increases.
- Calcification of the spine: People with this disease will form bone spines, which compress the nerve roots in the spinal canal, causing neck pain, neck pain.
- Nerve dysfunction: This condition causes the nerves in the shoulder area to stretch. This will make you tired, have difficulty sleeping, and aches in the back of your neck.
- Chest shoulder and shoulder joint disorder: Common disease in office workers, tailors, drivers … due to having to sit in a position for a long time. The disease causes pain on the back of the neck, making the shoulder nape ache. If the disease gets worse, the patient may have difficulty in some positions such as bow, neck rotation, …
- Shoulder bursitis, shoulder bursitis, tenosynovitis, shoulder joint sticking: These are also diseases that cause shoulder and nape pain.
3. Symptoms of shoulder and neck pain
The patient will experience dull or severe pain in the neck area, the back of the neck, an uncomfortable stinging sensation, sometimes like an electric shock. Pain may be felt when pressed against the neck spine. Some cases may be accompanied by muscle spasms, numbness spreading to the temples, ears or down the arms, forearms, or fingers. More serious is muscle atrophy, muscle weakness. Buy a treadmill at: May chay bo.
Pain is of a mechanical nature, ie increases with standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, coughing, sneezing, and decreases with rest. Pain may also increase after heavy activity, change in weather, or depression or fatigue. Pain may appear sudden or dull, depending on the severity of damage to the joint cartilage and the bones below the cartilage.
4. Diet and nutrition for patients with shoulder and neck pain
In the process of treating shoulder and neck pain in order to be highly effective, sufferers need to combine changing living habits as well as daily nutrition as follows:
- You must follow the instructions of a professional treating doctor, avoid arbitrarily stopping treatment when you feel the pain has subsided. Repeating the same condition will make treatment more and more difficult.
- Limit the activities of sharp rotation of the neck spine so that the forehead can damage the nerves.
- Avoid lying or sitting in one place for too long because it can make the neck muscles less flexible and contractile.
- Perform gentle physical exercises to relax neck muscles such as tilting head back, neck rotation, head rotation to the side, …
- Supplement essential minerals for bones and joints such as Omega-3, Calcium, Clucosamine & Chondroitin, Vitamin CDE, …
- Limit the use of fast food, greasy, stimulants such as alcohol, tobacco.
5. How to prevent neck pain for office workers
Shoulder and neck pain will often be seen in office workers or those who often work with fixed, sedentary positions such as accountants, computer programmers, architects … To prevent shoulder cramps, you should change your working habits in the following ways:
- Avoid sitting for long periods of time. After 1-2 hours of work, you should change positions or stand up, stretch and walk. Do not lie asleep on the table.
- Place the computer screen at eye level, adjust the height of the tables and chairs accordingly, the elbows are perpendicular to the table when typing.
- When using the phone, put the phone screen at eye level, avoid looking down at the screen for too long. Do not use shoulder blades and head to hold the phone while talking.
- Develop a healthy and nutritious diet. Supplement essential nutrients for the body such as potassium, calcium, vitamins of groups B, C, E, …
With the above detailed information, you must have understood that shoulder nape disease is not a serious disease. As long as you understand the disease, treat it early and properly will help you quickly get rid of pain, restore long-term vitality and improve your quality of life. In addition, you should exercise to help your body more resilient by walking and cycling every day.